Traffic Jam Intro
ACOUNTABILITY & SHARED OWNERSHIP
Those who own get ahead.
Business today expects far more from employees than just technical and generic skills. There is a growing emphasis on employees to not just do their job but to contribute to business success. In order to contribute to business success everybody needs to demonstrate a high degree of Accountability. Teams need to have the drive to improve performance over past accomplishments, outperform or surpass past benchmarks.
Demonstrating Ownership is about taking accountability for result and not just tasks. It also means driving others to do the same for a common purpose. It is to be able to see beyond your own piece of work in the context of the bigger picture.
Through a highly engaging and insightful activity you will get participants to understand the key behavioural dimensions required to demonstrate Accountability & Shared Ownership.
- ACTIVITY CONNECT- THE TRAFFIC JAM
- LEARNING CONNECT
- MODULE INCLUSIONS
In this simulated activity of a traffic jam, the team is spilt into two and made to stand in two rows facing each other (>>>>> __ <<<<<) with one open spot in the middle. The challenge for the team is to get to the other side by using the empty spot in between.
Teams are given a preparation time to chalk out their strategies and practice their movements. Once they are ready, they need to demonstrate the movements to change their direction but in complete silence.
The activity provides an opportunity for a deeper conversation around ownership towards a goal and the level of engagement & accountability the team members have towards a project or assignment.
Not allowing people to talk during the execution of the activity creates a situation which forces the participants to demonstrate ownership as there are no instructions to follow. The successful completion of the activity hence requires everybody to be fully accountable for their actions and simultaneously demonstrate ownership towards the results.
• The Traffic Jam Kit comprising of 33 Place holder mats along with the solution sheet.
• Instruction manual on how to run the activity and the watch-out areas of the activity.
• A comprehensive Facilitator guide to help you conduct the sessions and draw the learnings from the observed behaviors to the competency of shared ownership and accountability.
• Downloadable Tools that will help you complete the learning cycle by making the participants contextualize the competency to their own job roles and create commitments to change that can be shared and monitored.
Get in Touch
Find us at office
F-39, 1st Floor, Sushank Lok II (Extension), Sector 57, Gurgaon-122002
+91 124 4081500
Give us a ring
Nishanth M V : +91 8105411078